PDD Program Review – Discussion Guide and Review Panel Presentation Invitations Update November 2, 2018|
To Rhonda Barraclough ALIGN Association E.D.
From Dorothy Badry, Dick Sobsey, Ann Nicol Co-Chairpersons’- PDD Review Panel
As you may be aware, the Minister of Community and Social Services has appointed a community-led panel to oversee the review of the Persons with Development Disabilities (PDD) program. The review panel will be seeking input from Albertans with developmental disabilities, their families and guardians and others involved in supporting their participation in the community about how PDD can support the personal choices, independence, priorities and needs of those who receive services through PDD.
The panel is focused on five topic areas in scope of the review:
· access to services and supports to meet individual needs and goals;
· a service delivery system that: responds to the needs of individuals and families;provides clear lines of accountability and oversight;
· training and supports to enable a skilled and well-trained workforce; and
· engagement with the disability community (i.e. individuals, families, guardians, service providers and workforce) at both the system and individual levels to provide clarity of purpose and outcomes.
In addition to a series of Community Conversation sessions being held throughout the province, there will be opportunities for organizations such as yours to make presentations to the PDD program review panel. This PDD Program Review Discussion Guide Fall 2018 is being used to assist in developing input to the panel.
If you are interested in presenting to the review panel, please contact the PDD Review Secretariat at [email protected] to:
· confirm your interest in presenting to the review panel; and
· select your preferred city/date to present
The scheduled dates and times to present to the review panel are:
· Thursday, November 29, 2018 – CALGARY (between 1:00 – 4:45 p.m.)
· Thursday, December 6, 2018 – EDMONTON (between 1:00 – 4:45 p.m.)
Presenters can expect to have 30 minutes to share information with the review panel and 15 minutes for questions and answers.
Please confirm your interest by Friday, November 16, 2018. You will then be advised of the specific time allotted for your presentation.
Community engagement tool kits are being shared with other community organizations that will have the option of hosting their own facilitated discussions to gather and share feedback for the PDD review panel.
To learn more about the review panel members and the various ways of providing input to the review panel, please visit alberta.ca/pddreview.
Dorothy Badry, Co-Chair PDD Review Panel
Dick Sobsey, Co-Chair PDD Review Panel
Ann Nicol, Co-Chair PDD Review Panel