“Be The Voice” Campaign
July 15th marks the launch of our 200,000 campaign, an initiative to advocate for no further cuts to child and family based services and programs by the Government of Alberta. This will be an eight-week campaign, culminating on September 2nd, in time for the Alberta Government’s budget announcement in September. We encourage our members, their staff, volunteers and stakeholders, and Albertans across the province to take part in this initiative. We hope that we can count on your support in this initiative!
Here is how you can help:
- Sign our “BeTheVoice” letter on behalf of your agency to show your agency’s support for this critical issue.
- Sign our “BeTheVoice” letter on behalf of yourself. Encourage your friends, family, and neighbours to do so as well.
- Share the website (200000.ca) and the letter with your staff, volunteers, and other stakeholders and encourage them to sign the letter as well. Also encourage them to share it with their friends, family and neighbours.
- Like and follow the ALIGN social media pages (FB: @alignassociation, T: @alignalberta, IG @alignedmontonab) and share our content on this matter.
- Check out our July 15th newsletter for links to a social media package that you can use to post content about 200000.ca
- Use the hashtags #ableg #abpoli and our personal hashtag #BeTheVoice when posting any content related to this campaign.
- Share this handout with your staff, friends & families to help spread the word. An updated version will be sent out every week to your through the Communications Memo, please keep an eye out for them!
Thank you for supporting this important cause! For the next 8 Mondays there will be a reminder sent out to please share this campaign widely among your contacts and share any stories you may have to assist in giving the larger community an understanding of the important work you do in supporting Alberta’s most vulnerable.
Please note the following CANCELLATIONS and make note in your calendars:
- Bi-Weekly Communication Gathering with Red Deer & North – Congregate Group/SIL Meeting on July 30 is CANCELLED. Will resume August 13 at its regular time.
- Bi-Weekly Communication Gathering with Calgary & South – Congregate Group Care/SIL Meeting on July 31 is CANCELLED. Will resume again on August 14 at its regular time.
- Bi-Weekly Communication Gathering with Provincial Foster Care on August 03 is CANCELLED. Will resume again on August 17 at its regular time.
- Family Resource Networks (FRNs) Bi-Weekly Communication Gathering time has CHANGED to 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
Reminder that if you have any job postings and are a member of ALIGN you may advertise on the ALIGN Website free. Please go to https://alignab.ca/post-job/ to upload your job posting!