July 19, 2018
Dear ALIGN Members:
RE: Budget 2018/2019
Once again I am asking for information on your financial situation and how Bill 17 has impacted you. The Ministry of Children Services has been asking about the pressure points and where they may need to focus their allocation from the budget. In order to advocate on your behalf in the right direction I need help from you.
As you are all aware there was an allocation of money in the Children Services Budget for contracted agencies. On budget day we were told the amount and the way it will be distributed would be announced later.
Now we have been asked by government for some information that will allow them to focus the allocation of money. They are trying to determine the most impact for the dollars and wonder what is needed most at this time. They are specifically interested in Bill 17 impacts.
I have been asked to survey you again. I will do that with a reminder that “no information equals – no problem”. So I really encourage you to answer the questions as silence also means things are all ok. If you cannot answer or feel that you have negligible impacts please just send me a quick note saying that.
- What sector do you provide most of your services in? Contract foster care; group care; EI; kinship care, family support, youth work
- Now that we are 6 months into this year can you tell us what impact the statutory holiday pay has had? What did you pay out in 2017 vs 2018?
- Can you tell the difference in your Overtime costs? 2017 vs. 2018? What is it?
- Have you made different agreements with your staff to offset payout costs to staff for overtime? For example some agencies no longer allow taking time off, they will only pay out overtime
- What other drivers are your financial pressures a result of?
- How are you managing the financial pressures? Have you closed services or deceased services?
Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions, if you have any questions, please send me an email
Please fill in the questions and send them back to me, [email protected]. I need to have them back by August. 1, 2018.
Executive Director, ALIGN