ALIGN COVID-19 Resources
As a legislative service, the Ministry is required to continue to fulfill its obligations under the Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act, in particular assessing harm and danger and ensuring the well-being of children.
Contract service providers are a critical partner and the safety and wellness of all of our staff and children we serve is paramount. As you are aware, the situation in Alberta is evolving rapidly and we are continuing to assess what it means for Child Intervention delivery.
Following are some information about shifts that we are making in our approach and some potential implications for contract agencies to consider.
Please note that these instructions will be adapted as Alberta Health’s guidance to Albertans evolves.
We commit to providing regular updates to contract service providers.
As of March 16, 2020, all worksites as well as group care and residential facilities are being asked to limit onsite guests to essential visitors only. We are also asking all offices and facilities to post the attached note at entrances and reception
Here are some resources that have researched and vetted by the CARE team at Cornell University. Please share with agencies. Allen Balser
Guidance for Parents
- Common Sense Media: Resources for Families During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Early Learning Nation: A Parent’s Guide to Surviving COVID-19: 8 Strategies to Keep Children Healthy and Happy
- Harvard Graduate School of Education: Helping Children Cope with Coronavirus and Uncertainty
- National Association of School Psychologists: Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource
- Center on the Developing Child: Activities Guide: Enhancing and Practicing Executive Function Skills with Children from Infancy to Adolescence
- PBS Daily Activities for Families
- Peep and the Big Wide World Videos y Actividades para los padres de familia
Supporting younger children: PBS.orgfeaturing Daniel Tiger
Supporting older children: NPR featured cartoon
Oak Hills Covid-19 Planning Document over the link
CASA Presents: The Impact of Pandemic on Mental Health Web Series
Premier Kenney news conference – March 17, 2020